The best advice that anyone could have given you, is actually an old saying that states that every penny you saved is a penny you earned. And another very true saying states that when you take care of the small pennies, the bigger money will take care of itself.
It all just means that while you take care of the smaller issues, financial things in your everyday life, the bigger money issues will take care of themselves. Applying this to your personal life will get you in the right kind of mindset, to be good to your money.
Advice on How to Save Money:
- Take care how you spend your money on your grocery store trip: Do not buy extra, non-essential items. Always make a list before going to the grocery store and then keep to your list.
- Take your own work lunch: You can save a lot of money by packing your own lunch from home. You can also be good to yourself in the way that food brought from home is healthier, take-out foods can have hidden fats, sugars, and salt, all detrimental to your health that might shorten a lifetime of saving pennies for a good retirement.
- Decide on Saving Goals, and keep saving towards them: Create a list of all the things you would like to have or do; the small and big things. Then decide on how you are going to save for each item on your list, one little penny at a time.
- Plan for that unforeseen emergency: An emergency can occur at any time, if you are prepared or not, life will happen. And when it happens it won’t be just a penny or two, for that matter.
- What to do with a sudden Windfall? You might have a lot of ideas about what you want to do with the extra money, but think before you do. It can be used to lower your mortgage or maybe consolidate a debt. Before spending it all on something you do not need, think about the other things you can do with it.
You can save every day by doing little things differently. You just need to keep your focus to see every opportunity to save and use your imagination to create more opportunities for saving.